There are many factors that go into choosing wedding bands. You will be faced with many choices, ranging from style to metal. You need to select a man’s band and a woman’s band that match each other perfectly. Decide whether you want to order the bands as part of a set or separately.
Here are some tips for choosing your wedding bands:
1. First, you need to choose a stone. Diamonds, of course, are the most popular choice. The question is, do you want diamonds to be the ONLY stone, or do you want them to be complemented with rubies, emeralds, or sapphires? These days, many men are going with black diamonds. Overall, men’s bands are less flashy than women’s.
2. Another thing you and your sweetheart must consider is the metal. Bands are generally available in white gold, yellow gold, titanium, tungsten, and platinum. Tungsten is a popular modern choice for men. If you would prefer classic styles, go with platinum, yellow gold, or white gold. In order to prevent wear and tear over time, go with the most durable metal and highest carat possible.
3. Compare widths and sizes. Make sure you choose the right size for your significant other so you won’t have to pay for adjustments later on. As for widths, men’s tend to be wide and women’s are thin. However, you don’t have to stick with the rules if you don’t want to.
4. In addition to size and width, you also need to consider your fit. Comfort-fit bands are becoming increasingly popular. These are contoured on the inside to allow the ring to slide over the finger easily. There are two types of comfort-fit rings: half-rounds and pipe-bands. Half-rounds are domed at the top, and pipe bands are flat. You’ll be wearing your wedding band all the time, so you need to make sure it fits as comfortable as possible.
5. Some men want something more than a simple band, but nothing TOO flashy. Perhaps a ring with ribbed edges or a satin finish texture would be ideal. Many men’s rings are a good combination of stylish and subtle.
6. Don’t be afraid to indulge your own individual style. You don’t have to settle with typical wedding bands. If you wear a lot of other jewelry, you might want to go with a two-tone band so that it can match different types of metal. There are also rings with bright colors and flashy accents.
Final Remarks About Wedding Bands
As long as you keep these tips in mind, the two of you should be able to find the perfect wedding bands. Good luck!
Now that you know what to look for in wedding bands, you can begin shopping for them at SuperJeweler.com. This online jewelry store offers the best wedding and anniversary rings at affordable prices. You can find all of the quality jewelry you could ever want at prices you can afford.