Since you will be wearing your wedding bands for men for the rest of your lives, it’s important that you purchase the best ring possible. This is one investment in which you do not want to be cheap. It’s the one item from your wedding day that will stick with you with the rest of your life.
Although men’s wedding bands tend to be more simplistic than women’s bands, overall, it’s still challenging to find the right one. They are available in every type of metal available. You need to choose a ring that will not only complement your sweetheart’s ring, but will symbolize your own lifestyle and personality.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
1. First things first, choose the appropriate metal. Gold is the traditional choice, and it can be alloyed with other minerals to create rose gold or white gold. You can also choose from silver, platinum, and tungsten. Tungsten is a popular choice for men’s rings this day and age. If you want a ring that will complement other types of jewelry, including your watch, you might want to go with a two-tone ring.
2. Another thing to consider is whether you want a traditional style ring or a patterned ring. Traditional men’s bands have subtle decorative features, while modern bands can have more noticeable features such as textured finishes and patterned inlays.
3. Next, decide whether or not you want to go with any gemstones, and if so, how many. Diamonds are so flashy that they draw attention away from the metal. Dark gemstones, such as sapphires and black diamonds, enhance the overall appearance of the ring. If your lady has already picked out her ring, choose one that will complement it.
4. Make sure you choose the perfect fit. If you don’t wear rings very often, you need to make sure you measure your finger correctly. Never measure your finger first thing in the morning since you will be retaining water from the night before. Also, measure in a comfortable temperature – never when you are hot or cold. Take the final measurements in the afternoon when you are calm and your temperature is normal.
5. Speaking of the perfect fit, you will find that men’s wedding bands tend to be wider and thicker than women’s. It’s up to you how thick and wide you want yours to be – just make sure it complements her ring, and that it sits on your finger comfortably.
As long as you follow these 5 guidelines, you should be able to find the perfect men’s wedding ring. If you want to order wedding bands for men online, make sure you do so from a trustworthy website that has a long history of selling wedding and engagement jewelry.
The best online jewelry store is SuperJeweler.com. You can find discounts on wedding bands for men, special offers on wedding and anniversary sets, and more. At SuperJeweler, you will find quality metals and the best gemstones at reasonable prices.