When it comes to beautiful jewelry, opal rings are some of the most gorgeous! It’s available in different settings, including white gold, yellow gold, silver, and platinum. This gemstone is very versatile. It goes well with any outfit you have in mind. If you want to buy it as a gift for somebody, you’ll find that there are tons of choices.
Opal Rings – Colors
This gemstone can be white, pale yellow, colorless, gray, black, or pale red. Due to diffraction, it can flash any color of the rainbow. Opal is well-known for its opalescence. As light enters the stone, it bends around the edges of micro-particles of hydrated silica.
Precious opal stones display rainbow-like hues that change depending on the angle of observation. It’s especially gorgeous in rounded cut forms. Even black and fiery-orange opal is transparent. Harlequin opal is considered one of the most desirable gemstones due to its mosaic-like color patterns.
Buying Opal Rings
Here are a few tips for buying the right ring:
• The background color and type are two very important factors. Black opal has the highest cost per carat weight. In fact, it’s even more valuable than crystal opal. White or milky opal is the least expensive. In MOST cases, the more colors reflected in the gemstone, the more valuable it is.
• Another thing to consider is size. Like other gemstones such as diamonds and emeralds, opal is measured in carats. With all other factors equal, the larger the gemstone, the more costly it is.
• The degree of brightness is of extreme importance. The more vibrant the colors are, the greater its value. Vibrant red and orange is worth more than vibrant blue and violet.
• Good patterns of brilliant colors have a large effect on the appeal and value of opal rings. Broad patterns and large flashes are more valuable than minimal patterns. The most rare patterns are the most valuable; these include harlequin, black, rolling flash, and jigsaw.
• Last but not least is the shape and cut. Most opal gemstones are cut into heart or oval shapes. You should be able to find a ring with a nicely shaped opal gemstone for less than $250.
Caring for Opal Rings
As stunning as it is, this gemstone requires a bit of care. Due to the fact that it contains water, it shouldn’t be kept in a dry environment. It needs to be kept in a dehumidified room. If opal dries out too much, the color will fade and the stone will crack.
Since it’s somewhat soft, it can scratch easily. Only a soft cloth should be used to wipe the dust off. When not worn, the ring should be kept in a tight plastic bag.
SuperJeweler.com offers the best deals on opal rings. You can choose oval gemstones, heart-shaped gemstones, weaving opal gemstones, and more. It’s the best online store for finding gorgeous opal rings at discounted prices!