Engagement rings are the most difficult things in the world to shop for. You’ll only have one chance to propose to your girl, so you need to make sure everything is perfect – especially the ring. Sure, it can be adjusted later on, but it will mean a lot more to her if you get it right the first time.
The good news is that engagement and wedding rings don’t have to be expensive. You should be able to save a bit of money up before you buy her one. You can find special deals online that will help you finance an affordable ring.
If you’re unsure of what kind of ring to go with, here are a few tips:
• First things first, you need to have some idea of what kind of style she’s into. Pay attention to the other jewelry she wears. If she hardly wears any jewelry at all, then she might not want anything too fancy. On the other hand, if she has a lot of flashy jewelry, you might want to get her an extravagant ring. Another thing you need to learn about her style is her favorite color.
• Shape is one of the most important factors you should consider. The shape has a different meaning than the cut. The cut refers to the angles of the facets, whilst the shape refers to the actual geometry of the stone. A stone can be round, square, heart-shaped, oval, pear shaped, etc.
• Find out if she prefer classy, old-fashioned jewelry or contemporary jewelry. If she prefers the look of traditional jewelry, get her a square or rectangular shaped stone. If she enjoys wearing modern styles with unique geometric patterns, go with a round brilliant stone or heart-shaped stone.
• Decide on the metal. You have so many choices these days. Engagement rings aren’t just silver or gold anymore. These days, they can be made out of white gold, rose gold, platinum, tungsten, etc. Platinum is a popular choice for women with sensitive skin, as it’s a hypoallergenic metal.
• You’ll need to decide on the type of stone, the number of stones, and the size of the stones. What kind of setting would your girl appreciate? A large diamond in the center, surrounded by smaller stones? What about the classic solitaire diamond? She might appreciate other stones, such as topaz and emeralds, surrounding the diamond. The options are limitless.
Final Words About Engagement Rings
Now you have a starting point with your engagement rings shopping. Keep these guidelines in mind and you should be able to narrow down some of your options. Be sure to choose a ring that will suit her personality and sense of style, and you should do all right.
You can begin your search for engagement rings at SuperJeweler.com. Discounts are sometimes available on select offers. You can choose from a variety of styles, diamonds, bands, and more. This store also provides customers with top-notch customer support.