When a woman enters a room wearing diamond hoop earrings, you can be sure that everybody will take notice. Dangle earrings made with diamonds are exquisite – especially when they’re placed in the right setting. The settings and size of the hoops vary a great deal. Selecting the perfect pair isn’t as easy as you might think. If you’re buying them as a gift for somebody else, you need to know their personal taste in order to pick out the right pair.
Here are some tips for helping you pick out the right pair:
1. One of the most important considerations is size. Do you want large and thin hoops, or wide huggie-style earrings? If you’re buying for someone else, think about the size of their ears. People with smaller ears generally prefer smaller hoops. Also, how many hoops do you want to go with? Some earrings have two or three rows of hoops.
2. Next, consider the metal in which you want the diamonds placed. Do you want the earrings to be yellow gold? White gold? Platinum? Silver? Yellow gold offers amazing contrast, although silver diamond hoop earrings are classier and more beautiful on a subtle level.
3. When it comes to the setting, how many diamonds do you want? One diamond at the end of a hoop, or a series of diamonds placed all around a hoop? What about the size? It’s common sense: the more diamonds a pair of earrings has, the smaller they tend to be. An exception is a pair with small stones surrounding the hoop and a large diamond dangling from the bottom.
4. Another thing to consider is whether or not you want diamonds to be the only stone on the earrings, or if you want other gems complementing it. Hoops with alternating diamonds and rubies or sapphires are always a popular choice. Many women also love hoops with alternative white and pink diamonds.
5. What kind of cut would you prefer the diamonds to be? Both round and baguette diamonds are popular choices. Round brilliants give off the most dazzle and sparkle, although the cool, classic cut of baguette and emerald style diamonds appeal to some people as well.
6. When shopping for the perfect pair, you need to decide on the carat of the diamonds. As mentioned above, they are available in a variety of sizes. Common carat sizes for hoop and huggie-style earrings include ½, 1/3, ¾, and 1/5.
Go Ahead and Look for Diamond Hoop Earrings
You should now have an idea of what to look for when shopping for diamond hoop earrings. Whether you want to buy a pair for yourself or as a gift for someone else, you need to make sure you choose the right size, cut, setting, and style.
You can find plenty of gorgeous diamond hoop earrings to choose from at SuperJeweler.com. You will find everything from black diamond hoops to sparkly flipback diamond earrings. SuperJeweler is notorious for giving out amazing discounts on their products, including diamond hoops.